[va-richmond-general] Re: bluebirds and babies

  • From: tyler turpin <tylerturpin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 14:14:05 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I had two chickadee pairs  nests in boxes and cleaned them out. after they were
done. the house wren pair came back this year to the same box about a week
after I cleaned out the Chickadee nest from the box . this is the same pattern
as last year. the house wren pair did a second clutch last year after the 1st
clutch fledged. They may be on clutch two now. the chickadee pair in the box
the wrens are using started in mid February again this year. A pair of  Titmice
used the Bluebird box in my front yard. I do have 3 young bluebirds at the
feeder the past week on a regular basis eating nuts with a parent bird present.
 most of my neighbors have bluebird boxes too and some have snags with cavities
in the wooded backyards. last year the area pair had 3 clutches all hatch and
fledge. I once saw young from all 3 in my yard at the same time

Sincerely,

Tyler Turpin