[va-richmond-general] back yard migrants

  • From: "Al & Linda Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Audubon Listserve" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:57:30 -0500

We had Blue-gray Gnatcatchers and Chipping Sparrows in the yard today. The
chippers were at the feeders. One bat was seen at dusk. The juncos and
White-throated Sparrows were still here. A beautiful adult Red-shouldered hawk
perched for a few minutes so we could see him (her) in all his (her) glory. A
male and female Phoebe also showed up, flycatching and hunting along Falling
Creek.
Linda & Al Warfield
Meadowbrook, Chesterfield County