[va-richmond-general] Yard bird #119

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:18:03 +0000

Had a surprise low fly-over with the distinctive call of a Greater Yellowlegs
as I was planting some Lavender yesterday afternoon. I have seen them in the
wetlands behind our house but now have an "official siting" from the home base.

Brown-headed nuthatches seem to be getting very bold-staying close while I fill
the safflower feeders. Chimney swifts have been circling over the house since
Saturday and Brown Thrashers are holding tight on the nest in the pyracantha.

JulieK

Let's go Hokies!