[va-richmond-general] Wren egg

  • From: "Al Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audubon listserve" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:00:55 -0400

We have a Christmas wreath hanging on our front door that we have been unable
to take down because House Wrens have been roosting there since Christmas. A
few weeks ago they started building a nest wedged onto the metal hoop and
between the wreath and the door. It's really well constructed - round inside
and has some clear plastic on the inside. Yesterday there was an egg in there.
They are not sitting on it yet. I decided to name the female Awreatha. Or maybe
she spells it Aretha.

Al Warfield