[va-richmond-general] Re: Working with the blnd

  • From: "katya" <katya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 01:14:23 GMT

Dear Bird and Nature Lovers,

I have a dream of working with the blind; of doing a special Audubon program and walks for the blind.  Is anyone else interested?  I wouldn't even cross the street without corrective lenses.  I'd like to do such an impressive program that it gained National notoriry.  It would takes months to prepare.  Do you realize how left-out of this world blind peope feel?  Hardly any of them vote.  I would be one of them if it weren't for corrective lenses.  My eyes uncorrected are somewhere between 20-800 and 20-1000.   You would have to project an E chart of the side of a barn for me to almost make out the big E in focus.  I have so many ideas.  Most of my learning about birds has been by sound.  I am 20-20 corrected and you'd never know this now if I didn't tell you.  Is anyone else interested in this emorous projecct?  I can only pull if off with your help and permission.  I dream of this.

With all sincerity,

Sighted only by correction,,

Kate Holzback

South of the James

P.S. Splain it to me, Lucy, why the Blind poet Homer Descrided ""the rosy-fingered dawn"?  He was as sighted as I, no more.  Anybody feel the possibilities here?

Pleaese, please, don't blow me off. Please, please, take me seriously.