[va-richmond-general] Wood ducks, Riverside Dr.

  • From: "Janice Frye" <jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:34:08 -0500

I saw a duck drop from a sycamore tree on the other side of the river.  It
was a wood duck as I expected, and it had joined 3 others below the tree in
the water.  The 2 pairs were in beautiful breeding plumage.  One eagle was
perched in its usual tree below the Z Dam, and 3 of the 6 pied billed grebes
were in their favorite grass mat between islands.  Very pretty today.

Jan