[va-richmond-general] Wonderful in-between times

  • From: Caroline Coe <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RAS Listserv <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 16:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

Our backyard is still full of White-throated Sparrows and some juncos, but the
change is happening.  The Red-winged Blackbirds are about, the Chipping
Sparrows have appeared, the Carolina Wren has chosen to build a nest under our
canoe (again), and the towhees come up into the yard from down by the creek -
an annual spring thing.  The Barred Owls call and cackle and the male roosts in
the holly trees most days.  And each morning is noisier.

  Caroline Coe
  Chesterfield County