[va-richmond-general] Re: Wildflower Hike

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 15:52:45 -0400

We saw blue stars, a yellow flower related to parsley, and another tiny blue
flower with a small hymenopterous insect in it - a small bee or wasp. We
also saw huge numbers of toads and we saved two toads who had fallen in a
hole in the rocks next to the river and could not get out.

Jim Blowers

  _____

From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Today Anne and I went on a wildflower hike with the Chesterfield Parks and
Recreation department, led by Mark Battista. It was really hot and the
locations were sunny, making it a trying experience for us all. But we did
see many wildflowers, as well as some birds. The most majestic appearing was
a faraway great blue heron. Here are the birds we saw and heard today:

Saw:

Great Blue Heron

Canada Goose

Red-winged Blackbird