[va-richmond-general] Wetlands birding on Monday?

  • From: nancy.kitchens@xxxxxxx
  • To: VA-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (richmond bird list)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:33:39 +0000

I have an excellent birding friend visiting from PA. on Monday.  I was thinking about taking him to the James River Wetlands but I am not at all familiar with the area.  I tried to take him there during one other visit but found nothing (I'm not sure we were even in the right place).  The Am. Bittern would be a new VA bird for him.  Is anyone planning on going down to the wetlands and Monday who wouldn't mind showing us around a bit.  I'll drive.

If you have any other suggestions about where to take him, I'd love your advise.  I have already taken him to Dutch Gap a few times but wouldn't mind another trip if there is a lot of activity there.  Suggestions?  How about the Williamsburg area?

Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Nancy Kitchens