[va-richmond-general] Western Greebe(s) Sunday PICS and MAP

  • From: Bob Schamerhorn <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Madden FreeLists.org" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 12:32:18 -0500

My wife and I set out on our first birding adventure of the new year. We were
successful in finding both of the WESTERN GREBES (2) near Lake Anna State Park.
Two other birders spotted them from the bridge with their scope (Thanks for
sharing!) and the Grebes seemed to like to stay on the back side of the island
just off shore from Picnic area B at Lake Anna State Park.

Photos and Map at: http://www.iphotobirds.com/RecentEncounter.html

Also seen:
Common Loons
Pied-billed Grebes
Horned Grebes
Mallards
Ruddy Ducks
Great Blue Heron
Golden-crowned Kinglet
Gull Sp.

Bob Schamerhorn
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iPhotoBirds

"It is my sincere hope that these images bring you a lasting moment of
gratitude for God's awesome creations; may we appreciate and protect His
glorious gift of this Eden that we call Earth." - R. W. Schamerhorn