[va-richmond-general] West Creek Parkway 03/06/07

  • From: <mtnhi2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 22:44:54 -0500

I stopped by the ponds along West Creek Parkway (West Creek Corporate Center,
Goochland) briefly this afteroon, as I've been doing lately, and here's what I
was able to see from the road:

American Wigeon - pair
Lesser Scaup - pair
Ring-necked Duck- 30
Mallard - pair
Ruddy Duck - 5
Bufflehead - 6
Canada Geese - 80
Great Blue Heron - 1

This is my first posting, so it may be worth mentioning that, in the past few
weeks,  I've also had the good fortune of sighting Green-winged Teal, Northern
Pintails, Hooded Mergansers, and American Black Ducks at this location.  The
parkway lies adjacent to a large swamp, and seems to be a reliable place to
view a variety of birds.

Kim C.
Henrico