[va-richmond-general] Welcome Signs Votes with or without Cardinal

  • From: "Diane Bumpass" <dbumpass@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 21:27:13 -0500

VDOT is asking travelers to vote for their favorite "Welcome to Virginia"
sign.  I'm posting it here because it's fun and two of the six proposed
signs have a bird (the cardinal, of course), not that you can't be a
committed birder and still vote for the boat or the mountains.

The Virginia Department of Transportation is replacing about 90 of the
welcome signs and it's putting the replacement design up for a public vote.

Five new designs, as well as the present design, are candidates for the
state's howdy to travelers.

"We want the public to choose the signs' design for the future," said Connie
S. Sorrell, VDOT's chief of systems operations...

http://www.virginiadot.org/infoservice/is-WelcomeSigns.asp

Diane Bumpass