[va-richmond-general] Watching "Watching Warblers"

  • From: Lewis Barnett <blbarnet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Richmond Audubon Society <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 22:26:31 -0400

Here's a little reminder that us birders aren't the only ones who
look forward to spring migration...

http://www.mathcs.richmond.edu/~lbarnett/birding/images/watching_warblers.html

I got a late start today at the Wetlands (had to drop my
daughter off at school first), but did find Indigo Buntings
cavorting in the meadow, a pair of Blue-winged Teal in the
pond, several White-eyed Vireos, and one very cooperative
Redstart. There were others, I'm sure, but I'm still
struggling with recognizing songs, and am not ready to
put money on my aural IDs...

Lewis Barnett