[va-richmond-general] Warbler spooted at my feeder?

  • From: "Zwicky, Eric" <ezwicky2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 08:58:16 -0500

Last year I posted about a green bird that I though was a warbler, at my tube feeder. I only got a brief glance before he flew away, and I never saw him again until just now.

He was at my hanging suet feeder and again I only saw him briefly before all the birds took flight after something spooked them.

He was green, not yellow, but other than that he looked like the pictures I've seen of a Yellow Warbler. This picture looks just like him, aside from the coloring. Do they go green in winter? Not a dull green like goldfinches, but a bright green.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Yellow_Warbler/media-browser/64802871

Any ideas of what I might have seen in my small urban backyard about three blocks from the James River between Reedy-Creek and Belle-Isle?

Thanks in advance,

Eric Zwicky
Woodland Heights
You are subscribed to VA-Richmond-General. To unsubscribe, send email to
va-richmond-general-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject
field. To adjust other settings (vacation, digest, etc.) please visit,