[va-richmond-general] Warbler Road

  • From: "William Benish & Robyn Puffenbarger" <wcbenish@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Richmond RAS list" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2002 06:33:40 -0400

Hi All-

Eleven hardy souls braved bad weather reports to meet at the James River
Bridge just off the Arcadia exit (I-81) at 5:30 am Saturday for the
annual RAS warbler road trip.  Radios were a great addition to the cars
so the great ear-birders could let the rest of us know  what to look for
and we could make quick stops.  All total, 80 species made the list on
Sat with 21 warblers seen.  We did not make it to the James River
crossing at the Blue Ridge, the cold and rain really started about 2-3
pm right after we made it to the top of the mountain...

Some of the best looks included scope views of singing Kentucky warblers
and a perched Blackburnian warbler.  The Louisana waterthrush was also
very cooperative singing in the scope.

Cheers- Bill B. and Robyn P.

The Trip List w/ Warblers First:
(1) Chat