[va-richmond-general] Walk in James River Park this morning

  • From: "Diane Bumpass" <dbumpass@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 21:43:41 -0400

I went for a walk this morning between 8:00 and 10:15 in the park starting
at the Canoe Run entrance and ending at the 22nd Street entrance and saw
lots of birds throughout the entire time.  The meadow near the Canoe Run
entrance was flush with birds -- alas, I don't yet identify little, flitty
birds that well.  Mostly it was a morning of the usual birds, but in
profusion.  A highlight was three male cardinals on one small branch.

On the water I saw:

a mallard pair
a black duck pair
Canadian geese