[va-richmond-general] Volunteers needed- April 17th Team Wood Thrush field trip, Dutch Gap, Richmond, VA

  • From: Diane Jadlowski <djadski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "VA-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 13:28:16 -0500

Great opportunity to get some children parents and teachers excited about birding and nature! Respond directly to Mary Elfner at melfner@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:melfner@xxxxxxxxxxx> Thanks, Diane Jadlowski, Richmond Audubon Society,

Volunteers needed- April 17th Team Wood Thrush field trip, Dutch Gap, Richmond, VA

Calling all Team Wood Thrush Volunteers for April 17th Team Wood Thrush field trip. We need volunteers to help with the students. We ask that you bring all the extra field guides, binoculars and scopes that you can spare on that day, as we will have 100+ students, teachers, parents and volunteers with us, so we need all the help we can get. Dutch Gap has about 10 pairs of binocs and some Golden Guides, while Amanda is creating a TogetherGreen Team Wood Thrush checklist of birds specific to our field trip. We need you onsite ready to roll by 9:30 am. Amanda and I will be riding the buses with the students, teachers and parents to the site and will meet you at approximately 10 am. We will then split the students into 3 different groups of about 30 each to go on 3 unique hikes that will last approximately 40 minutes each. That will take approximately 2 hours total. Students will then return to the lawns around the visitors center to eat lunch. Please remember to bring your lunch so that you can continue to be with the students for more informal teaching through the lunch hour. If you wish to stay with us for the afternoon lessons of the Citie of Henricus historical tour and the Enviroscape lesson that Mark will lead after lunch, by all means join in the fun. I will have a more organized itinerary as we get closer to the date. We are excited that you are joining us for our first ever Team Wood Thrush field trip to Dutch Gap! There is room for more volunteers, but you all are the ones that have contacted me to date.

Thank you,
Mary A. Elfner
Virginia Audubon
www.audubon.org/bird/iba/virginia <http://www.audubon.org/bird/iba/virginia>