[va-richmond-general] Volunteers needed

  • From: "betsyben@xxxxxxxx" <betsyben@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:20:14 GMT

Calling all volunteers! Richmond Audubon has two exciting volunteer
opportunities coming up this winter.  First, we have been asked to be at The
Great Big Greenhouse's Kids' Day to help children and families make pine cone
bird feeders.  This event will be on January 21.  We are looking for folks to
take two hour shifts that day. (Details on times will follow.) This is great
fun and a guaranteed kid pleaser. We will also be involved in building bluebird
houses at all six Chesterfield branch libraries.  We need volunteers to help at
either a morning or afternoon program. The schedule is: Saturday, January 21
10:30 a.m.- noon:  Midlothian Library (521 Coalfield Road, Midlothian VA)
2:00-3:30 p.m.:  Clover Hill Library (6701 Deer Run Drive, Midlothian VA)
Saturday, January 28 10:30 a.m.- noon:  Bon Air Library (9103 Rattlesnake Road,
Richmond VA 23235)2:00-3:30 p.m.:  Chester Library (11800 Centre Street,
Chester VA 23831)  Saturday, February 4 10:30 a.m.- noon:  LaPrade Library
(9000 Hull Street Road, Richmond VA 23236)2:00-3:30 p.m.:  Central Library
(9501 Lori Road, Chesterfield VA 23832) These programs are for families.
Parents will help their children build the houses.  Bird houses will be pre-cut
and ready to assemble, and there will be two Audubon members there who will be
in charge of the activity. We need two volunteers per branch to help out and
smile. (No carpentry experience is required.)If you are interested in helping
out or need more information, please contact me:  272-0605 or e-mail
betsyben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,Betsy SaundersRAS Education Committee