[va-richmond-general] Virginia Rail (dead) in Carytown, Richmond, 10-20

  • From: akb <arun1bose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 20:16:57 -0400

Hello Birders,
I was alerted this afternoon to an "unusual" dead bird in an alley in
Carytown today. I went to the location off of Auburn and Cary and
confirmed the identification as Virginia Rail. I'll post some photos
on my Flickr site later. I know that VA Rail has been recorded in the
past in the City (Wetlands I believe), but this is the first I have
seen. The bird was likely an overnight arrival as it was not wet and
in fair condition, but not good for preservation.

Arun Bose
Richmond