[va-richmond-general] Re: Vermilion Flycatcher, Walkerton CBC

  • From: Ellison Orcutt <mr.ellyo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 00:51:57 -0500

Hello Birders,

Sorry for the delay.

Regarding the Vermilion "hunt"....  As things stand the landowner would
prefer to wait until he returns from out of town before making a final
decision on whether or not to allow people to access his property.  It is a
working farm and the bird was hanging out in the main working area.  There
is nothing to do but respect his concerns.  There is a chance that he will
be willing to allow some organized searching but that remains to be seen.
 Given the amount of interest people have expressed to me about seeing the
bird I would be worried that his farm will look something like the moment
the doors open at Walmart on Black Friday.   In sounds good in theory,
though...... Vermilion Sunday!

Good birds,

Ellison

--