[va-richmond-general] Re: [Va-bird] 42nd St. - James River Park - richmond: today

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Gwbirds37@xxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 20:30:04 +0000

Was at 42nd Street in the Parking Lot before running into Gerry emerging from
the woods. First heard then saw a male  Summer Tanager. The bird was in another
tree behind the Mulberry-it then flew more into the woodland. Sadly no Canada's
but a nice display by a Spotted Sandpiper on the rocks along the stream. Also
in the parking lot a lone Cedar Waxing and a Northern Parula. The Swainson's
Thrush were tntc and the vocalizations were beautiful!

JulieK
Chester

From: Gwbirds37@xxxxxxx