[va-richmond-general] Update as of Monday 3/9 : Evening Grosbeak in Henrico County Virginia

  • From: SJD at Gmail <sjdadams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arun Bose <arun1bose@xxxxxxxxx>, Julie Kazz <juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2015 09:30:44 -0400

On Monday, a bit after 9AM the Evening Grosbeak was at our feeders again. I noticed it perching in the redbud close to the front porch while I was working outside. It moved to the feeders when I went inside. This makes me a bit more optimistic that if someone is watching from our front porch that the bird might still be in view, even if it is too timid to come down to the feeders with people in view.

It is 9:20 now and the Grosbeak isn't there, but the Pine Warbler and all the regular yard birds are coming and going.

We've had requests for visits from a few birders. We will try to say yes when we can. The odds seem to be best between 8:30 and 9:30 in the morning, when it has been coming to fill up on suet and seed. Email me if you'd like to try to see it.

Shirley and David Adams

On 03/08/2015 08:37 PM, SJD at Gmail wrote:
Evening Grosbeak has been hanging around our feeders for four days now. We are located in eastern Henrico County, a bit east of Richmond Virginia. This bird has at least one band on each leg, and may have two bands on one leg. I have taken a video of him that I'd be willing to share if anyone wants to provide their drop box address. It is 160 Megs.

Shirley Adams