[va-richmond-general] UPDATE ON WHO'S FUNDING BLACK VULTURE KILLING AT DUTCH GAP

  • From: Dawn Wilson <dmwcarrot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 13:16:57 -0700 (PDT)

There is important information regarding funding of the Black Vulture culling
project that I need to clarify.

  As you know, I was originally told by Dan Genest of Dominion that Dominion
was fully funding the culling operation this year.  However, he was mistaken.
In a follow-up call I placed earlier today, a Dominion representative told me
they were not funding the operation this year but did fund the 2005 operation
as well as all of the previous harvests.  He advised me that it was
Chesterfield County who was funding it this year.  I then spoke with Phil Innis
of Chesterfield County who completely verified that, yes, Chesterfield County
is funding the capturing and killing of Black Vultures this year in
collaboration with USDA-APHIS Wildlife Services, not Dominion.

  Of course, this new information does not change our cause and demonstration
schedule.   (Oct 29, Dutch Gap boat ramp, 11AM.)
  Just wanted to keep everyone abreast.

http://mail.yahoo.com