[va-richmond-general] Re: Turkey Island Rd, Henrico Co. -Dickcissels

  • From: arun bose <arunbose@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 21:22:19 -0400

Gerry,
There is a gate on your left about half way down Turkey Island Road. I
stopped here first and could hear immediately a Dickcissel singing. After
scanning briefly I was able to see the bird perched about 100 yds out. The
other bird (or two) was further up just before a road that goes off to the
left. This bird was also singing and was much closer to the road - probably
50 - 100 feet. I observed from the road as the weedy field where the
Dickcissels are singing is "posted". Hope this helps.

Arun Bose
Richmond, VA