[va-richmond-general] Tundra Swans E. of Richmond today

  • From: Gwbirds37@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:53:45 EST

N. of Rt. 10 E. of Hopewell, at Upper Brandon Plantation there were about 50
Tundras scattered over 3 ponds, while at Sunken Meadows ( further East, near
Claremont) there were at least 60 Swans. I could not locate the Eurasian
Wigeon, but there were many wigeons just too far away, even with a scope. I saw
nary
a Snow Goose anywhere, even on Turkey Island Rd. which is just E. of Curles
Neck farm - have they all departed? Crewes Channel continues to be very high
and had only Gadwall and Ring-necked Ducks on it - plus copulating
Red-Shouldered Hawks. I've seen them twice there over the past 3 weeks and
suspect they are
nesting.

Gerry Weinberger
Doswell