[va-richmond-general] Tree Frog

  • From: WEalding@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 16:34:54 EST

Not a bird story, but interesting nonetheless..

We have a potted bromeliad that we put out on our shady front deck in the
summer.  With the threatened frost, we brought it inside.  Today I  went to
water it and found a gray tree frog torpid in one of the curved  leaves.  I was
concerned about it warming up in the house, so we carefully  cut the leaf off
and set it outside under one of the trees in the yard.  I  checked back later
on
this afternoon, and the leaf was still there but the frog  was gone!

Wendy  Ealding