[va-richmond-general] Their Baaack!!!

  • From: "d.b.sinclair" <d.b.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Sandra Sinclair'" <s.m.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:04:56 -0200

Our pair of Barred Owls are back and put on quite a display at dusk yesterday
on Old Gun Road.  I’m not aware of the mating rituals for these magnificent
birds but am fairly sure that what Sandra and I witnessed yesterday would pass
as such.  Their vocalizations were amazingly removed from the familiar ho, ho,
etc. and the thrashing of wings was a thing to behold as one crashed into the
other! Quite a display.  I immediately put our smallish, mean kitty out hoping
that one would want a meal afterwards but no takers.  J

D.B.(Doug) Sinclair, CAI, AARE

Sinclair & Associates, Inc.

 <mailto:d.b.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx> d.b.sinclair@xxxxxxxxxxx

(804) 423.5162  Office