[va-richmond-general] TREE SWALLOWS, COMMON RAVENS in Powhatan County 3/3/11

  • From: Wendy Ealding <wealding@xxxxxxx>
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 11:51:06 -0500 (EST)

Patty Elton, Mary Anna Wilcox and I birded Powhatan Lakes this morning and saw
20 TREE SWALLOWS over the lake, and two COMMON RAVENS flying over.  Afterward
we paid a brief visit to St. Francis (private property) which was quiet.  I
left before Patty and Mary Anna and on the way out, there was a COMMON RAVEN
in the road, displaying some unusual behavior, jumping up a few inches off the
ground and then picking up something (I couldn't see what).

Wendy Ealding
Powhatan County