[va-richmond-general] Spring Arrivals - more

  • From: Caroline Coe <cccoe@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RAS Listserv <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 09:25:34 -0700 (PDT)

In spite of "no time for birding" and trying hard to stay on task and "do our
chores",  we keep hearing and seeing new arrivals in our yard.!!

  Yesterday it was a lovely Chestnut-sided Warbler,  Black-and-White Warbler,
and a Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and this morning it was the melodious trills of the
Wood Thrush across the street and down by the creek.

  And not to be overlooked, the Barred Owl perched on a low limb just in the
edge of the woods, endured the mobbing of the smaller birds, and waited for
dusk to find food for his mate (and chicks?)

  Would love once again to hear Whip-poor-wills in the yard but the land use
around us has changed and they do not come our way anymore.

  Spring is HERE for sure - keep your eyes and ears OPEN!  ENJOY!

  Caroline Coe
  Chesterfield