[va-richmond-general] Snipe and more

  • From: juliekazz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richmond Birds)
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 14:14:57 +0000

Hard to sleep in on my day off knowing 64 Snipe might be waiting at Crewe's Channel. Pulled in just after sunrise and a Mature Bald Eagle took off from a snag along the road and perched in the middle of the pond. Snipe were everywhere numbering > 60 as Arun reported yesterday mixed in with a good number of Green-winged Teal and Killdeer. Red-Headed Woodpeckers were darting back and forth in the dead trees in the background.  Yellow-throated Warblers were singing all along my drive down Carter's Mill Road with an occasional Louisiana Water Thrush.

Still have a Sapsucker hanging on the suet here at the home base.

JulieK
Chester