[va-richmond-general] Slow Birding

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:51:01 -0400

The number of birds have gone down considerably in the past month at our
feeder. The white-throated sparrows and juncos have left. There are
occasionally a lot of robins, but as of recently I see only about 1 or 2 a
day. The number of titmouses, chickadees, song sparrows, cardinals, and
woodpeckers has gone down considerably. We have put out a hummingbird
feeder, but haven't seen any yet. Last year, they didn't come until July 23.
We have seen occasional brown thrashers but not in any great number. We have
yet to see any catbirds.

I guess the early spring has put a void in the rest of the spring, as far as
birds are concerned.

Jim Blowers