[va-richmond-general] Six woodpecker species, late Eastern Kingbird, Powhatan County 9/23/10

  • From: Wendy Ealding <wealding@xxxxxxx>
  • To: va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joeandpattyelton@xxxxxxxxx, betharri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:10:24 -0400

Even though it's officially fall, it didn't feel like it as I walked around my
neighborhood this morning.  I did get all six possible woodpecker species
(sapsuckers don't arrive until next month) plus an Eastern Kingbird harassing a
Phoebe.  Latest I've had Kingbirds at this location.

Observation date:     9/23/10
Number of species:     22

Black Vulture     1
Turkey Vulture     2