[va-richmond-general] Re: Searching for a whippoorwill

  • From: "IE Ries" <featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 10:08:19 -0400

  Hi Deanna,

  I'm in "southside," right on the Richmond/Chesterfield line on Hull Street
Road.  We do have a little private park that backs up to the property where
I live, and Pocoshock Creek flows through it.  I have seen Upland birds back
in there, and may have surprised

  [NEWSFLASH!!   Just now a HUMMINGBIRD flew up to the upstairs window and
hovered right in front of where one of my Budgies, Morning Sun, was sitting!
The two of them watched each other for a moment and then the Hummer was off!
Time to get the Hummer feeder back up, looks like.]

  what I believe might have been a woodcock last summer while walking back
there.  The only places I hear Whipporwhills now is Point-of-Rocks Park (and
the marsh boardwalk has been restored) and Pocahontas State Park.

  Irene