[va-richmond-general] Re: Searching for a whippoorwill

  • From: "IE Ries" <featherchaser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 23:19:51 -0400

  That's so sad...I've never heard a whippoorwill around where I live, only
at some of the parks I visit.  I remember, though, hearing them nightly when
we camped at a place called Placid Bay near Colonial Beach.  We'd sit out by
our camping trailer and listen for them in the evening, really loved that
and remember how we'd count how many birds we'd hear answering one another
(or so it seemed).

  I wonder how increasingly far out and away I'll have to keep hearing them?

  Irene in Southside