[va-richmond-general] Scarlet Tanager in Meadowbrook

  • From: "Al & Linda Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audubon listserve" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 20:48:34 -0400

Yes, I saw one this evening around 6:15, sitting in full late afternoon sun in
a sycamore tree in our backyard. It was so bright it was unbelievable. Also got
long looks at a Northern Parula in a hickory tree in the backyard, and a towhee
at our feeder. The others were nice too. Hopefully some of them will be there
early tomorrow morning at a neighborhood birdwatch we are having at our house
as a result of a presentation I made to the neighborhood organization for Earth
Day.

Al Warfield