[va-richmond-general] Rusty Blackbirds near Rapahannock NWR

  • From: "Al & Linda Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "audubon listserve" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:55:58 -0400

On Saturday, Sept. 27, while trying to find the Together Green site where folks
were working as part of the scheduled workday, we ran across a flock of
approximately 100 Rusty Blackbirds. They were crossing the blacktop road, Rt
624 a few miles north of Rt 360. We actually saw them twice, once around 8:45
AM on the way to the to the Wilna tract of the NWR and once about 1/2 hour
later on the way back to the Powell Creek tract on 360 where the work was being
done. Both times we saw them they were moving slowly across the blacktop road
from the grass on one side to the other. Got very good looks and can confirm.

Al & Linda Warfield