[va-richmond-general] Rose-breasted grosbeaks

  • From: "Kathy Kreutzer" <k-kreutzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Va-Richmond-General@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 12:24:05 -0400

Hi everyone, a pair of rose-breasted grosbeaks arrived yesterday morning
and were trying out different feeders.  I did not see them after noon
and thought they might have moved on, but I just saw them again at the
feeders in the front yard.   I have not had these in this yard before so
I am excited!

A blue jay (for some reason I rarely see them out here), a pair of
cardinals, and the grosbeaks are all flying back and forth from the
feeders, very colorful.

Several hummingbirds are also very busy this morning, they arrived late
this year (the first, a male, arrived April 22, about 5-7 days later
than usual) but the population is growing.

Have a great day.

Kathy Kreutzer
Chesterfield, VA

People need to be reminded more often than they need to be instructed.
Samuel  <http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Samuel_Johnson/> Johnson
English author, critic, & lexicographer (1709- 84)