[va-richmond-general] Rose River Loop

  • From: Naseem Reza <nreza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 13:17:02 -0400

We took an overnight trip to the Shenandoah National Park and hiked the Rose
River Loop on Wednesday. The hike included numerous waterfalls and many
species of birds including warblers that breed within the park boundaries.
 You don't have to go to the frozen tundra to see and hear "northern" birds
in breeding plumage. We even saw singing Dark-eyed Juncos. To our surprise
the majority of cars in the park had out of state license plates.
A few warbler shots are attached.

Lou and Naseem Reza