[va-richmond-general] Riverside Dr. hooded mergansers, yard birds

  • From: "Janice Frye" <jjfdc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:41:11 -0500

The hooded merganser pair I saw near Rock Falls Dr. late yesterday was there
this morning.  More pied billed grebes are visible, perhaps due to the fog
and rain?  Yard bird #36 was a Fox sparrow that hopped from under a holly
bush while I was studying a goldfinch with a tail that is almost completely
white.  The red-bellied woodpecker is very adept at getting sunflower chips
through the squirrel-proof cage around that feeder.  The ice on the trees is
quite pretty today.

Jan

Richmond