[va-richmond-general] Red Breasted Grosbeak

  • From: "Daniel, Karen B DLA CIV AVIATION" <Karen.Daniel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "va-richmond-general@freelists. org (va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 16:59:09 +0000

Down in South Chesterfield, the gloomy day has brought color to my feeder.
These two guys were visiting off and on all morning, along with two male Ruby
Throats fighting about something...

I walked outside and the Eastern Meadowlark was singing from atop an old lamp
pole in the open field next door. In the Pecan Tree, a male Blue Bird handed
off a juicy caterpillar to a female. He flew back to where he had been, dove
down and back up with something he kept beating against the limb to kill.
Well, by then the dog had enough of me standing still and tugged at me to walk.
So, didn't see if Daddy BB gave Mom the second bug too. Hope he did and there
is a nest nearby. There is plenty snag around here.

Not too shabby of a day and haven't left the house!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Karen Daniel
South Chesterfield