[va-richmond-general] Re: Recent arrivals

  • From: Wendy Ealding <wealding@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blbarnett3@xxxxxxxxx, psreynolds@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2014 15:55:10 -0400 (EDT)

When we lived in Powhatan, Eastern Phoebe was a year round species there.

Wendy Ealding North Chesterfield

From: Kristi Orcutt
Sent by: va-richmond-general-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: 04/17/2014 14:09
<va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

at Pocahontas I heard Wood Thrushes the past two days.  anyone hear a Phoebe
yet? odd that it hasn't shown up yet..usually one of the first.kristi

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Lewis Barnett <blbarnett3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I haven't gotten out much this week, but I have been hearing about arriving
migrants from others, and I thought I'd pass the news along. There was a push
over the weekend and at the beginning of the week, but things seem to have
calmed down a little bit yesterday and today.

In no particular order, species I've heard about, mostly in James River Park:

Northern Parula
Prairie Warbler
Prothonotary Warbler
Black-throated Green Warbler