[va-richmond-general] Recent Birds in my neighborhood

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 10:42:50 -0400

I saw a bird with a fantastically huge wingspan this week fly over my
street. It was not that bulky, but it looked like it had 3-4 times the
wingspan of a crow. I am guessing it was a Great Blue Heron, but it flew so
quickly that I could not get a positive identification.

Yesterday I saw a pair of hawks fly overhead.

Yesterday I also saw an indigo bunting in my back yard near the feeder. I
got some pictures of it with my camera and tripod. Other newcomers this
spring include a brown thrasher, a hummingbird (arriving two days ago), and
some catbirds. Meow.

Jim Blowers