[va-richmond-general] Ravens

  • From: s.ridd@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, VA-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (richmond bird list)
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 09:57:08 +0000

The symbol of the Raven on the Virginia Society of Ornithology's newsletter and
journal is a reminder that the Raven once bred in the mountains and valleys,
the piedmont and the coastal plain of Virginia. And has lost habitat ever
since. There was a pair breeding in a quarry in Goochland County between 1984
and 1990 during the Virginia Breeding Bird Atlas project. Within the last year,
I have seen one Raven in Henrico County, but it is far more common in the
mountains. I hope this information helps, Sue
From: nancy.kitchens@xxxxxxx