[va-richmond-general] Ralph White retirement

  • From: Susan Ridd <susaneridd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: RAS Listserv <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 10:00:14 -0500

Dear Richmond Auduboners-

The Sierra Club is holding an event for Ralph White next Wednesday, Dec.
5th.  Catherine Welsh is gathering antidotes to put into a book called the
"Memory and Tribute Book." Below is her request.

"Please send me something to put in his Memory and Tribute Book.

If you have a special memory involving Ralph or you are one of his many
fans, this is your chance to put it in writing. We are collecting these
memories or tributes and including them in a binder for Ralph to read
during his upcoming retirement. These can be creative, heart-felt, funny,
poignant or personal. You could write a thank you note, a letter, a song
lyric, draw a picture or a cartoon or a caricature, illustrate a story,
include a photograph – whatever floats your boat and honors Ralph. It can
be short and it doesn't have to be worthy of a Pulitzer Prize. If you don't
have a special memory of Ralph you could share a special memory with him of
your love of the James River.
Time is getting very close so you can just send your contribution to me via
email at welshcm@xxxxxxx by Monday Dec. 3rd and I'll print it out on pretty
paper and include it in the binder. THANK YOU!!!!!"

Thanks for your assistance!
Sue Ridd