[va-richmond-general] Re: RAS Picnic

  • From: "Al & Linda Warfield" <warfield101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:34:20 -0400

MessageJim,

Glad you are coming to the picnic!
There are no problems getting there due to Gaston. Nelda Snyder herself edited
the directions this time. If you could rent a boat you could get close, but I
don't know where you could keep it when you get to the area, or how you would
get to the Snyder's place from the dock. The information about the date of the
picnic has been in the Thrasher starting with the May issue, but it's
understandable that some people will have conflicts. Believe me, it will be
worth the 25 mile trip!
Make sure you are choosing the best route. There are lots of ways to get there.
From Henricus I would probably go via Old Stage Rd to Rt 10 East (left turn)
and take I-295 North to Rt 5 East, then follow directions in "From I-295" in
the June Thrasher or on the RAS website. Maybe it will be less than 25 miles if
you choose that route.

Al Warfield