[va-richmond-general] Re: Purple Martins downtown

  • From: "Jim Blowers" <jimvb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rlechols@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:56:19 -0400

After a meeting at the Richmond library yesterday, I went down Cary Street
to 17 th street to see the purple martins. They were there. There were
thousands of them, circling overhead like one of the old Windows
screensavers. They headed to the trees between 17 th street and
Grace/Franklin Streets. I got a picture with flash from them at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88695049@N00/2719885900/

This picture has a lot of white specks on it, if you look closely. These are
not dust or imperfections in the picture. Each one is a purple martin eye.

Jim Blowers

  _____