[va-richmond-general] Powhite Park, 12:45-1:50pm, solitary sandpiper, wood thrushes

  • From: "Janice j. Frye, D.C." <jjfdc1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 15:19:32 -0400

While my son went to a Putt Putt party I spent some time at Powhite Park.
It was near the party and I've been very curious about the construction
visible from Chippenham Pkwy.  There is a sign stating that the developer
will restore the damaged area at the front end, and the far end of the park
was better than I expected (haven"t been there since Gaston).  Lots of
downed trees and some trails seem to have been moved.  The solitary had very
crisp breeding plumage and one of the three thrushes was singing.

Wood thrush  3

Wood duck  2

Blue Jay

Am. Robin  many

BV  2

B&W Warbler  5

Yellow rumped w.  2

Solitary sandpiper

Red bellied WP

White throated sparrow  4

Red-winged blackbird (heard)

I think I forgot a couple.  Missed seeing the red headed WPs that were there
several years ago.  Thank you Bob and Linda for the great morning @ the
Trolley Line.

Jan