[va-richmond-general] Point of Rocks Park - COMMON RAVEN, BOBOLINK, SORA

  • From: "Wendy Ealding" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "wealding" for DMARC)
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 12:03:06 -0400

I birded Point of Rocks Park in SE Chesterfield this morning. Passerines were
few and far between, however, there were a number of other interesting
sightings. First up was a COMMON RAVEN. While this species is not unusual in
the northwestern part of the county, there are few reports this far to the
south east, although there are reports from Hopewell and Prince George to the
east. Two BOBOLINKS were feeding on the wild rice adjacent to the boardwalk
and while I was watching them, a SORA flushed from near the edge of the
boardwalk where I was standing.

Full list at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S25101669

Wendy Ealding
Midlothian