[va-richmond-general] Pocahontas today

  • From: WEalding@xxxxxxx
  • To: va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 14:37:46 EST

I spent some time scouting for next Saturday's field trip to  Pocahontas.
Highlight was at least six singing Pine Warblers.

If you are planning to come on the trip, wear sturdy shoes or boots.   There
are a couple of muddy places, and a small stream to cross.  Don't  worry, it's
not terrible - even I with my arthritic knees can manage it.   Rain is
expected mid week, so I don't expect it to have dried out.

After hiking the trail, I'm planning to scope Beaver Lake for  waterfowl.
The Black Swan (presumed escape from Richmond Metro Zoo) was  there again today.

Wendy Ealding