[va-richmond-general] Re: Pocahontas State Park 5-16-04

  • From: "Bob Siegfried" <rcs5701@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <va-richmond-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 21:25:37 -0400

The blue water iris and water lilies are in full bloom around the Beaver
lake.  I remember some talk about the lake becoming shallower, but what I
noticed was that the water elevation is probably 1-2 feet lower than
historically, based on the location of trees along the shoreline.   The iris
are growing in the edge of the lake where the shoreline is exposed by the
lower water elevation.

We also had good luck with some vireos, including red-eyed and yellow
throated.  My 2 year son has learned to "pish" .

Bob Siegfried